The Flint Cultural Center Academy is excited to announce openings for certified and highly qualified elementary school teachers for the 2020-2021 school year.
The Flint Cultural Center Academy is looking for creative, inspiring and passionate elementary teachers for the 2020-2021 school year. If you are a teacher that wants to make a lasting and positive impact on children, make learning relevant for the 21st century, be part of an amazing Crew and work at a one of a kind school campus then we want to speak with you! We are building something extremely unique in the city of Flint, MI. Do you have what it takes to be a part of it? If so, click the Apply Here button to start your journey. #WeAreCrew
Flint Cultural Center Academy Vision
The Flint Cultural Center Academy was developed to demonstrate the power of delivering public education in collaboration with a high performing community resource. Specifically, the FCCA, will collaborate with the institutions that make up the Flint Cultural Center, and with substantial start-up and development investments from the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation, will provide a unique learning experience, resulting in the following outcomes for every student.
- Non-normative gains in their development of knowledge and skills.
- A clear sense of being welcomed to a school community that respects them, supports them, and expects them to continuously grow and improve.
- Structures and support that allow them to apply their learning and demonstrate their high-quality work.
At every step in their school experience, we want FCCA students to be supported by adults who can see the possibilities for every student, intentionally maintaining the perspective of great leaders who are not dissuaded by the current status, but who constantly seek out a future path for every student to contribute, to shine, and to succeed in their education and life.
We are looking for extraordinary leaders and learners to join our team who:
- Teach to give students a strong foundation of academic excellence,
- Foster the social-emotional and character development of young learners,
- Build a love of learning in all students,
- Engage families as partners in our students’ education,
- Commit to constant learning, reflection, and improvement of their own practice,
- Bring their passions and positive personalities to school every day,
- Thrive in a start-up environment, and
- Are committed to equity and the belief that all children in Flint can reach their full potential as learners, leaders, and world-changers.
We understand the value of having teammates that reflect the diversity of our students and their families. We strongly encourage leaders of all backgrounds and identities to apply.
Why you should be thinking about becoming part of the FCCA founding staff!
- FCCA has developed a unique, potentially game-changing approach to teaching and learning – you will be on the ground floor of developing this model!
- FCCA offers generous health, dental, and vision benefits packages.
- FCCA offers a competitive salary and generous benefits.
- FCCA contributes to employee retirement plans
- FCCA supports the innovation, creativity, and ideas of our staff and will do what we are able to do to support our staff as they pursue these ideas and goals
- FCCA and our charter authorizer, GVSU, offer FCCA teachers up to half reimbursement for courses toward a Master’s Degree from Grand Valley State University
- At FCCA, there will be summer professional development to prepare for a successful opening of the unique school.